Services we provide
Bolton Physio provide a wide range of efficient, top quality physiotherapy services to meet your needs.
Our physiotherapy services are easily accessible by all members of the public, businesses and insurers.
Our services include:
- Biomechanics and Gait analysis
- Equipment assessment
- Ergonomic assessment
- Clinic visits
- Physiotherapy in the home
- Geriatric rehabilitation
- Return to work programme
- Weekend physiotherapy service
Biomechanics and Gait analysis
Gait analysis is suitable for those who have pain when walking or running. Our physiotherapists target the cause of the pain, whether it be postural or movement related.
Your physiotherapist will assess and analyse your gait on a one to one basis because everyone is different in their presentation and requirements. Physiotherapy will aim to eradicate pain and achieve a normal pattern of gait.
Benefits of Physiotherapy treatment may include:
- Increasing muscle strength
- Maximising range of movement
- Restoring normal gait pattern
- Improving balance and co-ordination
- Increasing fitness and endurance levels
An equipment assessment involves one of our physiotherapists visiting your home to assess your safety and needs. Equipment and adaptations are especially appropriate for those who have reduced mobility and problems with every day functional activity such as standing up or down, climbing up and down stairs or getting in and out of bed. Equipment assessments can be particularly useful to put measures in place to prevent falls, therefore preventing injury. Our physiotherapists will also give you advice and suggestions to increase your independence and quality of life.
Common types of equipment and adaptations for the home include:
- Mobility aids
- Toilet and bath seats
- Hand rails
- Stair lifts
- Perch seats
Your specialised physiotherapist will monitor your needs and change equipment or adaptations as your independence increases. An occupational therapist may also attend your assessment to see if there are any additional measures required.
Bolton Physio have specially trained physiotherapists who assess your workplace on a one to one basis, this is called a DSE or ergonomic assessment. Ergonomic assessments are important to ensure your working environment is safe and right for you.
Changes as a result of an ergonomic assessment may include:
- Adjusting your chair or desk height
- Ensuring good posture
- Display screen, keyboard or mouse adjustment
- Correct foot position
Ergonomic assessments have been proven to significantly reduce injuries and time off work due to an improved working environment.
Common injuries which may be prevented include:
- Postural pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Visual impairments
- Repetitive strain injuries
Bolton Physio is based in the centre of Bolton on the prestigious Chorley New Road location. It is easily accessible via public transport links and there is free on street parking available.
Benefits of attending our clinic:
- One to one appointments in a modern, safe environment
- Distraction free assessment and treatment
- Highly experienced physiotherapists
- 100% confidentiality
- Wide range of treatments
- Accessibility to excellent facilities
- Emergency appointments are available
- Open 7 days a week
Your first clinic visit will be your initial assessment consultation where your physiotherapist will gain a thorough background and understanding of your condition. Your physiotherapist will discuss appropriate treatments with you and will give you an approximation of how many sessions you will need. Your physiotherapist will monitor your progress each session by reviewing outcome measures and specific goals.
Physiotherapy in the home
If it is difficult for you to attend our Bolton Physio clinic you may prefer to have your assessment and treatment in the comfort of your own home. You may have mobility or travelling restrictions, resulting in a home visit being more convenient for you.
Our physiotherapists can visit your home to complete your musculoskeletal or neurological assessment and treatment. An occupational therapist may accompany your physiotherapist to assess your equipment and adaptations in the home for an improved quality of life.
Geriatric rehabilitation is the term used to describe physiotherapy for the elderly population to improve their general health and function to be as independent as possible.
Geriatric rehabilitation involves assessment and treatment to solve problems such as:
- Mobility restriction
- Increasing difficulty with functional activity
- Poor muscle strength
- Reduced balance and co-ordination, leading to falls
- Limitation in range of movement
Our specialist physiotherapists at Bolton Physio may also work alongside occupational therapists to provide an equipment and adaptations assessment in the home to help increase your independence and quality of life.
Benefits of geriatric rehabilitation include:
- Increasing your independence
- Reducing risk of falls
- Improving your quality of life
- Regaining your confidence
- More efficient functional activity
- Improving mobility indoors and outdoors
- Gait re-education
- Greater muscle strength
Return to work
Bolton Physio's Return-to-Work programme involves a treatment and self-management plan specifically designed to help you go back to your occupation. Bolton Physio will help you return to work even if you have been absent for a long period of time.
The Return-to-Work programme consists of:
- A Functional Capacity Assessment (FCA) to determine existing limitations
- SMART goals agreed with you and your physiotherapist
- Physiotherapy treatment
- Final Assessment, including FCA outcome measures, a goals review and a return to work decision
Weekend physiotherapy service
Bolton Physio provide a weekend physiotherapy service to ensure we can cater for you and your busy lifestyle. We are open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and weekend service is available 9am-4pm Saturday and Sunday.
- A fast and efficient service
- Flexibility for appointments
- Emergency physiotherapy access
- Highly experienced musculoskeletal and neurological physiotherapists